Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Flair for the Dramatic 12/8/14

Dear Family and Friends,
This week is transfers.... Sis ngo is going back to temple square wednesday morning:( I want to jump in her suitcase so bad! I'm going to miss her so much. I've loved this transfer with her. Here's my special request, for any of you that go to temple square to see the lights, let me know and I'll have you or her hunt each other down! You need to meet her!!! So please make the special trip to go, just to meet her:) Its almost like seeing me... since she's the most recent who's seen me! 
My new companion is SIster Tanner, she's from Idaho and she came out with me. THat's all I know about her. Should be fun!!! When president called last night to release me from being Sister Training Leader, I asked who my new companion was but he told me i had to wait till the morning to hear from the Assistants! He thought he was pretty funny, I couldn't sleep all night! and the assistants took forever to call. FInally i just asked the zone leaders and they spillled the beans before the assistants called. 
Each week is literally an adventure with Michael! We had to push his baptismal date to next weekend, so we're planning on the 19th. It has been such a roller coaster ride with him, and I really have no idea what to expect with him. I have never stressed this much over an investigator, or one person's salvation, which has caused me to pray and fast more fervently than I ever have before. Sometimes I wonder what did I ever do to have this trial in my life? I know I have been sent to help this man specifically to come unto Christ, yet I still ponder as to why we go through so much opposition, in every way possible, with Michael. He has shown the greatest desire to be committed. But I've learned after such a crazy week, that yes, amidst the miracles, there will ALWAYS be opposition. I've always thought that my trials or the trials we go through are to prepare us for something great in the future. But this week I learned that sometimes the opposition is just needed so we will know the joy and the happiness. Because of the great joy and happiness Michael brings to us, we must also experience the same amount of sorrow and pain for him. That is being a disciple of Christ. Just like when Christ prayed for us in the Garden of Gethsemane, he went through the greatest amount of pain and sorrow for us, just for us to experience the greatest joy in our lives. But my goodness, it sure has given me quite the headache, migraine more like!! Yet there's always something in me telling me to keep the faith, and keep working with Michael. 

So this last week, we kept telling Michael that we need to meet with him everyday, like we already were, and he needed to come to church that following sunday, in order to be baptized on the 13th. He was all committed, and things were going great. Well Michael began ditching his lesson appts later on in the week, and we knew this wasn't like him. We couldn't get ahold of him, and it was driving me crazy! We talked to his niece, who lives with him, and she told us she didn't know where Michael was. Finally right before church Michael called us and he was in Jefferson. We told him we would have to push his baptismal date to another day since he couldn't come to church and we couldn't meet with him. He told us to just listen and he would explain everything. His niece had taken advantage of him and stole money and other stuff from him, and he had to leave and get away from her. So while he's been gone the past 2 days, we've actually asked the jefferson elders if they could visit him and his family, and read with him, just to keep him spiritually fed. I hope thats ok. It gives the elders a way to meet his family. Michael told us to not worry, our efforts with him are not wasted, but he's still committed. So I just told him he just needs to communicate with us if he's gone! I've noticed Heavenly Father has a flare for the dramatic, and he definitely is a fourth watch God. I remember hearing a great talk on that. 

I love you all so very much! have a blessed week, and i'll talk to some of you in 17 days;) ( who's counting?) 
Love, SIster Hulme



No comments:

Post a Comment